Lor (letter of recommendation) is something that makes you glow! Having no lor is better than having a bad lor! For those professors or professionals who are not sure if they can write an effective lor, better inform the students rather than writing something bad and screwing their careers! And students, dont write an lor yourself and get i signed by your professor! People at top universities are intelligent enough to differenciate lor’s written by students and profs! Find someone who can really write something for you
Tips for writing an LOR that works!
- Before writing one, understand the qualities that must be High lighted
- not just the technical skills, include the candidates social and team building skills as well
- Understand the position the candidate is applying for and accordingly highlight the feature in the lor and this makes the lor more specific
- Do mention how you are related to the person you are writing about in the lor
- You need to get the candidate out of the pool right! So , use phrases that would make the reader understand social, technical and attitude of the candidate! you can use phrases like ” I am lucky to have a student like <name> who lead his solar project team and eventually stood first”
- Better include your contact details at the end as it makes the lor more original and genuine!
- Do not forgot to include the recommendation at the end
LOR sample: Augusto is a professor at an engineering college and John was his student few years ago!
To whomever it may concern
I am delighted to write this lor on behalf of John, whom i have known for 5 years. John requested me to write an lor for him and i believe it is my pleasure